Pages

Friday 25 January 2019

Concluding the Journey

I enjoyed doing the Summer Learning Journey.

What is one thing that you learned from participating in the Summer Learning Journey programme this year?
That it will help with my reading and writing.

What is one thing that surprised you?
That I had kids from other schools around New Zealand comment on my Summer Learning Journey.

What is one thing that concerned or upset you?
That tourists can destroy places in our world.

What is one thing that you (or your family) can do, moving forward, to help protect our natural environment?
Make sure we recycle and use re-usable bags. Protect our environment for the future.

2 comments:

  1. Mōrena Ariana,

    Well done on your fabulous efforts this summer. I know that Dani, Georgia E and I have all loved reading your blog posts and seeing what interesting (and sad) things you have learnt about the environment this summer.

    I am happy to read that you and your whanau are going to make sure you recycle and use reusable bags. I completely agree that protecting our environment for the future is so important and we should be taking steps every day to be better. This year I'd love to grow some of my own fruit and veges and have a compost bin to try and reduce the amount of waste I am sending to the landfills.

    Which activity was your favourite to complete this summer?

    I am looking forward to visiting in February!
    Nga mihi, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Ariana,

    You have done such a great job over the last few weeks, well done! I have really enjoyed reading and commenting on your Summer Learning Journey activities. It’s great that you have had other students from all over the country commenting on your blog. Have you checked out any other Summer Learning Journey blogs?

    I also believe we should recycle and use reusable bags so that we can protect our environment for the future. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to stop taking any plastic from the supermarket. So I have purchased some small reusable bags for all the fruit and vegetables that I buy.

    I hope that you have an amazing year at school this year. Are you excited? I know that I’m excited to start teaching my class. I can’t wait to see you again next summer for the Summer Learning Journey!

    Blog ya later!

    Dani

    ReplyDelete