Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

SLJ North and South Island Wk 1

My hometown is Kaikohe. Kaikohe is the Hub of the North. It is rich in History. There is memorial for Hone Heke up Monument Road. There is a street named after my Poppa's family where their house use to be. The house is gone but the library and park is there now.My nana and poppa live in one of the oldest houses in KaikoheKaikohe has a Warehouse, McDonalds, two supermarkets, and lots of food shops. My favourite food shop is Cafe Malaahi, which is owned by my Aunty and some of my cousins work there. 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Ari, I really liked how you used inspiration and detail in your writing. It made it stand out. I like how you explained how your Aunty and cousins work at the cafe, we like going there too. From Piata

    I had to delete my first comment as it didn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mōrena Ariana,

    Well done on completing your first activity from the Summer Learning Journey! I am so impressed with how much you wrote about Kaikohe, you described it perfectly. I don't know if I have ever been to Cafe Malaahi. I think I will have to go when I am next in Kaikohe. What is your favourite thing to eat at your Aunts cafe?

    That's so interesting that your Nana and Poppa live in one of the oldest houses in Kaikohe! Do you know when it was originally built?

    I look forward to seeing more blog posts from you soon Ariana.
    Talk soon, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Georgia, my favourite food to eat at Cafe Malaahi is fried bread with fettuccine,hot chocolate, brownie, yoyo, and afghans. You definitely need to visit her cafe because it is super yummy.
    My nana's house was built in 1902 so it is 116 years old. It is built of kauri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ariana,
    My name is Alex and I am from Panmure Bridge School. Well done on finishing your first Summer Learning Journey activity. Your information about Kaikohe is great. I have never been there before, but it's seems like a great place. Hopefully I'll be able to visit one day. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete