Pages

Friday 7 December 2018

Poems - Haiku and Acrostic

We have been writing poems about Christmas. Here are my haiku and acrostic poems. 

Sun
Under a Pohutukawa tree by the beach
Merry Christmas
Mistletoe in the sand
Excited to go to the beach
Reindeer on the frozen cold snow


Happy holidays
On the beach opening gifts
Lollies and eating baking
In the sea at the beach having fun.
Day going past really fast
Always going to see your cousins
You have a fun time in the holidays with your family.
Sunshine

Santa eating cookies
Now having fun
On the sand playing
Water splashing everywhere
Being in the hot sand
Eating lunch in the sand
Always having fun
Chucking sand everywhere
Having an awesome time in the sea


Rudolph the red nosed reindeer
Eating cake and cookies
In the nice cold sea
Never be naughty
Dear Santa, I love you
Every year Christmas comes
Every year Santa comes to give you presents
Rudolph is the best

Being caring and nice.
It’s the best day of my life
Running around on birthdays
This day is fun.
Having fun with friends
Day going past really fast
Always having fun when your family comes over
Yay, it is my cousin's birthday

ARIANA IS THE BEST

2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Mollie Bendall I like your poem about Christmas and summer. I love how you done your google draw with your santa. I go to Ohaeawai primary school and I am 8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mōrena Ariana,

    Wow, I am so impressed with your haiku and acrostic poems. I can tell you put a lot of effort and I think the poems are so creative. Ka pai! I love the detail you put into each section and the descriptive words you used (like chucking and splashing).

    I am very excited to see what activities you choose to complete with the Summer Learning Journey. Remember, the activities will be available on our website from 8 AM on Monday 17th December. So only 4 more sleeps! There are 60 activities for you to choose from.

    Talk soon, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete